Purchased new swing set for $7,000.00 on 6-13-13
From the start there were safety issues with the set that were not completely resolved until after 9-24-13 as reported to Dealer Kid's World Play located in Hartville, OH many times beween 6-13-13 and 9-24-13 (broken bucket swing, 3 panels had broken trim and also nails and screws sticking out from the broken trim creating a safety hazard for kids.) So our grand kids got little to no use out of set until October 2013 when safety issues were finally taken care of.
After winter passed, beginning on 4-22-14 I called Kid's World about one item still not fixed a 4x4 post that still needed replaced and more importantly also told him about the new issues with the deck splintering, causing potential injury for grand-kids and the stain was washing away from most surfaces of the set (traffic and non-traffic areas)
(Please keep in mind by 4-22-14 our grand kids had been able to play on the set through some part of October 2013 which might have been a total of 3-4 hours over a few days. They visit us and do not live with us. Then winter hit us early in mid October 2013)
Then from 4-22-14 until 7-14-14 the grand kids have had limited play time due to the splintered deck. Maybe a few hours swinging and going a few times down the slide, and I have received no support from Dealer or Rainbow on product warranty
During that time from 4-22-14 to 7-14-14, I called to talk to Dealer and left messages a total of six times and spoke to Dealer only a few times, when I was able contact them when I called them back. Dealer still had no update on what would be done about problems.
Dealer had indicated that he had sent pictures to Rainbow about problem with deck boards splntering, (They said they took pics on two separate occasions of the stain and splintering problems) but Rainbow stated they never saw pics.
When I finally spoke to Kid's World a 3rd time on 7-14 (I stopped into their offices since no calls were returned for weeks) and Dealer indicated that I should have heard an update by then from Rainbow directly . On that very day, I did receive a call from Rainbow and they told me they would get with Dealer to see if they could review pics of problem as they had not seen any pics. Two weeks went by and no call or contact from Rainbow Customer Service. I called again on 7-29 and connected with Rainbow Customer Service. They told me splintering was due to normal wear and I needed to sand smooth and restain. They told me I needed to do this every 12-18 months. When we purchased the set, Dealer told me that set would need stained maybe once every 2-3 years on average and did not tell me boards would split and would need sanded down.
Rainbow Customer Service, Dealer Customer Service and product quality is not up to the $7,000.00 price tag for what they indicate us the best quality in the industry.
On 8-12-14 , I spoke to Dealer and they told me that they would review with Rainbow and ask if anything could be done to make things right.
As of 8-19-14 no call from Rainbow or Dealer (Kid's Play Systems of Hartville)
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Swing Set
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Don't ever waste your money on rainbow play system. We spent nearly $10,000 in 2012 not even four years later our system looks terrible and is literally rotting away. We..."
- "Purchased new swing set for $7,000.00 on 6-13-13 From the start there were safety issues with the set that were not completely resolved until after 9-24-13 as reported to Dealer Kid's..."
- "Rainbow systems playgrounds say they have a lifetime warranty on the wood for their swing sets. DO NOT Believe them!!! I have been trying since September to get..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "See Carnival Cruise Experience To whom it may concern: My husband and I went on the Carnival Splendor on September 24, 2016. This was not my first cruise with Carnival, nor..."